Our Family

Our Family

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Queen

January 14, 2010

Tonight you, my sweet Abi, walked in to the kitchen all dressed up in the fanciest dress-up gown that you own. It was a huge pink sleeping beauty dress. Your hair had been fixed in a random dis-shuffled up do with a crown sorta falling to the side of your head. Your shoes were very fancy and gave you blisters… but you said ‘that’s okay, cause it hurts to be pretty’ just like I have always taught you.
I looked down at your sweet face and said ‘well, hello princess’ – your eye brows lowered and your eyes squinted in a forceful fashion as you said… ‘I am the queen and I am in charge of this palace.’ I thought I was going to wet my pants. I said ‘oh really?’ to which you replied quickly.. ‘Sure, and if you do not obey my rules you will go to jail. I have two jails, one is in a closet and the other one is in another closet.’ I tried to have a blank face however I was taken back by your stern leadership in your palace.
What I love so much about you is that you are not intimidated by what society says you would be. It is common and expected that the second child would be a follower. That is not so for you. You have always asserted yourself as a leader and make sure that all know that you are the boss.
Being the boss is good in the right time and right place. It is just as important to be a good team player and be able to adapt to other leaders. A great leader is only as good as their greatest follower. If you are leading and no one is following – you are not a leader at all, just a lone ranger.
It is my desire that you always treat people with respect and honor as you lead them. I pray that you will always have a sweet dispositions as you guild your royal subjects through the palace courtyard. As you lead always remember that you must be a good following before you will be a great leader.
Mediate on Hebrews 13 verse 17 as you grow into your Queenly role as leader of the palace. It says… Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.
There is no greater joy kill than to try to be a great leader and have some smarty pants that thinks they are ‘the boss’ try and sabotage your leadership. I want you to always know that you must be a blessing as a follower before you will ever be known as a magnificent leader.
Please don’t think that you will not be Queen if you settle for being a follower… no no my sweet baby – it is clear that you are indeed destined to be Queen – you just gotta pay your dues first… so do it with joy so that your time as a follower will be short and your time as Queen with be GREAT and greatly received by your royal subjects!!

I love you - Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Sister, just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your stories! Thanks for sharing. Love u!

    ReplyDelete